Sunday, February 22, 2009

Flyers Make the Best Carnies

Today is the 32nd annual Flyers Wives Fight For Lives Carnival, which I'm sure won't be talked about a lot in the blogosphere, but let me just say that it's fucking awesome. My parents took me like five times, and it was so cool. I got to "score a goal" on Ron Hextall, then got a certificate saying I did, which still takes up a line on my resume. I won a enormous bear at some game that Kjell Samuelsson was stationed at, and I named the bear "Kjell," and I took it to school and then mocked my teacher for not being able to spell its name right.

And I got my picture taken with the Stanley Cup and Rick Tocchet. How sweet is that? Answer: Pretty sweet.

There's not really much point of going unless you're a kid or going with a kid, so by all means go kidnap some kid and head over to the Wach and have an awesome time. Just try to return that kid home before the Amber Alerts set in.

No comments: