Flyers play Buffalo tonight, a team that somehow hasn't gotten rid of that shitteous logo yet. Seriously, it's terrible. Flyers should win on strength of logo alone. But since that may not be enough, here are some other reasons the boys in orange and black get the two points tonight.
Why the Flyers will win:
- Martin Biron has owned the Sabres recently, including a shutout in their last meeting in Buffalo some months ago. Another big win tonight could lock up the starting slot for #43 (for now, anyway).
- Kinda quietly, the Flyers are 4-1-0 in their last five. Pretty stellar.
- The crappy effort post-layoff vs. Ottawa last week should make the Flyers pretty sharp today.
- Jeff Carter does well against the Sabres historically. And I'm thinking Joffrey Lupul gets two on the board for some reason.
- Few goalies are less consistant than Ryan Miller. And he has never played well against his old teammate Biron for whatever reason.
Why the Sabres will win:
- Last week vs. Ottawa after ther layoff was as bad as the Flyers have played all year. Deja vu could mean disaster.
- If Scott Hartnell is actually hurt, that could be an issue.
- Sabres have been good in Philadelphia lately, in a head to head where the road team does well in the other's barn consistantly.
Prediction: Flyers 3-1. Do it to it boys.