- The Penguins couldn't beat a drum at this point.
- The Flyers always play up against the Penguins, who are clearly the team they like least. Playing up against a team that's playing so down pretty much guarantees victory.
- The Flyers are currently ELEVEN points ahead of Pittsburgh in the standings.
- Desperate teams play desperate hockey, so it's really unlikely that the Penguins will have the composure this rivalry mandates. Look for lots of penalties, especially to Malkin and Crosby. Wouldn't be surprised to see a real nasty cheapshot from somebody, too.
- Flyers have won 14 straight at home. Penguins haven't won on the road since last year.
I could go on, really, but I have to stop myself.
Why The Penguins Will Win:
- They have to stop sucking eventually, right?
7:00 start at the Wach. If you don't get the game on TV for whatever reason, you can pick up a free feed over at atdhe.net .
Prediction: Flyers score five in the win. Crystal ball is foggy as to whether or not Scott Hartnell scores one or two, but it's definitely not zero.
And just for fun, a reminder of the last time the Penguins waddled into Philadelphia.