Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Game #43 Review: Penguins 4 @ Flyers 2 1/13/09

4
@
2

Sorry for the delay, but I'm sure you can understand why I was in no big rush to write about last night's show.

I'm not too worried about it, really. The Penguins came out and blindsided the Flyers by playing the trap. The Flyers did a poor job of making the adjustment until the third period, but other than that I saw no big issues. Other than generally crappy defense, but that was an anomaly.

The game meant a lot more to the Penguins, and it showed. But down the stretch, games meaning less certainly will not be an issue for the Flyers.

At least I hope not.

1 comment:

e said...

That is exactly what worries me with this team - John Stevens inability to adapt.

That said the Pens obviously came out with more fire and it showed. Not too concerned unless it shows up again tonight.