- Martin Biron has owned the Sabres of late, and was awesome vs. Nashville on Saturday. He has a real chance to lock down the #1 spot solidly with a big game tonight.
- Last time these two teams met, Mike Richards notched five points. Always improving, we expect him to tally around eighteen tonight.
- Buffalo's logo is not a Sabre. It's a buffalo. And that's just weird. It's not like the Devils' logo is a new jersey, or the Coyotes' logo is a Phoenix. The bills do the same sort of thing, and I just can't endorse this. The Flyers logo is flying, so it's fine, but the buffaslug on the Sabres jerseys isn't sharp or being fenced with or anything. That has to cost them at least a couple goals a game.
Why The Sabres Will Win:
- Patrick Lalime will probably get the start tonight, and while he might be pretty crappy nowadays, once upon a time he was a serious Flyer killer, allowing only two goals in five games in the first round of the 2002 playoffs. Yikes.
- When was the last time a Flyers goalie put together two solid games back to back? Not since at least 2008.
- No idea why Mike Richards missed practice yesterday.
Why Everybody Wins:
- The game is on Versus, so it will be in HD and seen nationwide, AND that horrible Sabres announcer will have the night off.
There is definitely going to be an anything you can do I can do better moment from Riley Cote aimed at Carcillo at some point during this win for the Flyers. I see four goals.
Mike Knuble wears The Hat tonight.