Fun game, fun win.
- Remember that goalie controversy? Me neither. In a day where all eyes are on the fatter Marty B., Martin Biron was spectacular, bailing out the Flyers in a game they might not have deserved to win. Hanging tough after the early Antropov goal is a great sign.
- Before the Caps game, I listed about seven players who wouldn't surprise me by scoring twice. And tonight an eighth player, Arron Asham, got two goals. The depth on this team is absolutely absurd.
- How's this for a stat: Asham scored two goals, and only had more ice time than two other players (Cote and Powe), registering only 9:43. That's better than a goal for every five minutes of ice time. He could very easily have a nice Umbergerian run come playoff time
- Scott Hartnell got his career high 25th goal of the season, a real sharp rebound goal very reminiscent of the one he scored in Game 4 vs. Montreal. And he got a write up on NHL.com to boot.
- He got two assists, but we're still waiting for Dan Carcillo to score a goal.
- Daniel Briere is playing on the fourth line and the power play, and still isn't doing anything special at all. Really makes you wonder how he could possibly still be a Flyer come next season...
- No surprise here, The Hat goes to Arron Asham today. His first time wearing the orange crown.
Beating the Rangers was fun. Let's do it again tomorrow.
12:30 at MSG on NBC. Niitty and Valiquette get the starts. Go Flyers.