Why the Flyers Will Win:
- It's James van Riemsdyk day in Flyerland, so spirits should be high.
- The Maple Leafs are really bad. And their GM is super pissed off, talking about what failures they are because they're going to miss the playoffs. Missing the playoffs is bad, but being in fourteenth is way worse. They're not very good.
- The Flyers don't really have the games in hand that they used to, and so now the playoff picture is a little more urgent. The Flyers are only one point ahead of Carolina, who is only one point ahead of Pittsburgh, who is only one point ahead of New York, who is only one point ahead of Montreal.
- Martin Biron gets the start, and the Flyers have been much much better with him at the helm.
- The Flyers aren't the Mets. They'll make the playoffs.
- The Maple Leafs have absolutely nothing to play for, and will be dangerous. Lot of guys fighting for jobs for next year.
- The Flyers are 1-2 in games on TSN this year.