What was a masterpiece turned into a mess. But a mess with a W attached is still a beautiful thing.
- Five-goal first periods are fun. Giving up five goals, however, isn't. So much of the energy the team built up for this game manifested itself in offense, which is understandable, considering it was the main problem area last time around.
- Pretty surprising that a guy who is second in the league in scoring is just now getting his first hat trick. Jeff Carter gets three late, scoring goals that initially seemed like icing but turned out important.
- Why were they important? Because, for the second straight game, Martin Biron wasn't very good. Though I don't think he's especially at fault here, nor is the rest of the defense. The Flyers had a friggin' six goal lead, it's only natural they'd switch their defensive settings from kill to stun.
- Claude Giroux has gotta be just about everybody's favorite Flyer these days. This was his third straight multi-point game. For a rookie in his first playoff hunt, that's unbelievable.
- Scott Hartnell got his 30th of the year, which I doubt many would have predicted in October. 30 goals, a glove toss, and a wig night makes for quite the season.
- What's with the home team wearing white both times during this home and home? I like it more, but I don't really understand the occasion...
Flyers clinch a playoff spot with a win in Ottawa. Do it to it, boys.