The Flyers made the playoffs for the thirteenth time in fourteen seasons. But more importantly than that, they made the playoffs this year, and soon will be only 16 wins away from the Stanley Cup. That never stops being fun.
- So many things went right tonight. The Flyers won, and clinched a playoff spot. Martin Biron played great. Jeff Carter played great. Pretty much the whole team played great, and against a legit team that had beaten the Flyers decisively twice before.
- Daniel Carcillo finally played some on the fourth line! Finally! He still managed to be a -1 on the night.
- More good news for the Flyers playoff chances--Riley Cote will be out 'til next season. We find the timing of his injuries right before the playoffs both this year and last suspicious, but we like it.
- Matt Carle his first tagging on The FF for his nice play to set up Joffrey Lupul's goal. Congratulations, Matty, it's gotta be a big day for you.
- If you're unclear on the definition of "shit-eating grin," watch Jeff Carter's interview here (he's up second) and all will be clear.
- The Flyers do control their own destiny in terms of securing home ice, but it's still not nice to see the results rolling in the way they are. Carolina won BIG (9-0 over the Islanders), Pittsburgh won in Tampa, the Rangers beat the Canadiens, and the Devils lost to Toronto. Why is the Devils losing bad? Because they're looking like an awfully soft first round opponent right now, and I want at 'em.